AF provides resources to help our arbitrators be successful in their service to the insurance industry and maintain our members continued confidence in the arbitration process.
Our Webinars are designed to help you develop the skills needed to evaluate a case, render a decision, and more importantly, provide a clear analysis of the evidence that influenced your decision.
For arbitrators who will resolve liability disputes in our Auto, Med Pay, PIP, and Property forums. Sign up >>
Quality Decisions: Special Forum
For arbitrators who will exclusively resolve disputes filed in our Special Arbitration forum.
Sign up >>
- (6.5 minutes) - defines affirmative defense, identifies affirmative defense issues, and outlines the process to properly hear an affirmative defense issue.
- (9.5 minutes) - identifies potential coverage arguments, explains difference between coverage argument and jurisdiction objection, and defines the requirements for a successful affirmative defense based on a denial of coverage.
- (12 minutes) - covers the identification of damage dispute cases, the common reasons for damage disputes, and outlines the points that should be covered in the decision.
- (8.5 minutes) - reviews the principles involved in writing a clear, concise and case-specific arbitration decision.
- (7 minutes) - discusses the identification of a deferment, explains valid deferment requests, and identifies reasons to reject a deferment request.
- (7.5 minutes) - discusses an arbitrator's ethical obligations when hearing cases and identifies cases an arbitrator should not hear.
- (7 minutes) - explains the difference between Contentions and Evidence, identifies common types of evidence, evaluates the usefulness of evidence, and discusses rendering a decision based on the evidence.
- (8 minutes) - reviews how to identify proof that a prior payment was actually accepted, which means it was cashed; entering a decision when a prior payment was accepted and cashed; and entering a decision when the liability assessment creates an award less than the prior payment that was accepted and cashed.
- (4 minutes) - guides you through the process of navigating an online case.
- (7 minutes) - discusses how to access the decision management page, provides description of the decision entry fields, and covers how to enter an accurate decision.
- (18 minutes) - reviews the hearing and decision review/approval process.
To access more information on topics such as how to file online, upload evidence, and general information about AF's Forums, please visit the Online Tutorials page where you can view tutorials on these topics and more.